Saturday, October 6, 2012

Monster baby shower

My niece Maureen is expecting a baby this March and of course I volunteered to throw the party. We had a "Sugar and Spice" theme all picked out and ready to go till we found out she was expecting a boy. Surprise!

So back to the drawing board.

After going back and forth for a while Maureen settled on a "Mommy's little monster" theme and away pinning I went.

Click here to see my Little Monster Pinterest board

After the theme the next thing I fix is the date and location. Baby is due end of March so February 2nd is the date we've chosen and the location will be in Grandma and Grandpa F's backyard.

The invitation inspiration I found was this amazing invitation done by Jaime Gorman for her Fabulous “Fuzzy Monster” First Birthday Party as featured on The Hostess with the Mostess blog. If your looking for Monster party inspiration check out her party. It's one of the best I've seen out there.

 


With her amazing invitation as my inspiration and free clip art from My Free Graphics
 

 
I created this invitation
 

and this save the date for Facebook

 
 
 
I'm really pleased how well they turned out and Maureen loves them so that's what really matters.
 


One of the really fun things about planning parties for my nieces is that I have practically no budget and it forces me to be really creative. That and I'm planning my son's second birthday party for the second week of January so it's going to be crazy.

and sooo much fun!

2 comments:

  1. h. I was wondering if you have a template for this awesome invite. If not, what program did you use to create it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would like to know the same. What program did you use to create this??

    ReplyDelete